I give it a 110 % all year. When not, I am just me. Have a look at my world!

onsdag 29. april 2009

Everyday is not a saturday, more like a monday.

It is really spring outside. Been wearing shorts for a few days, and t-shirt is okey also. It is so smooth to not wear thick jackets and pants. 

 I just watched the video of Sigbjørn Tveit doing ALL eight switchups to 270 off. Looks like sooo much fun, and props to him for doing that like nothing. Check it here: http://vimeo.com/4359024  . 

 After watching it, I realized how much you actually can learn by just having a simple rail-setup in your garden. I will try to make a setup this year, so that I can learn some rail skills. I have never done anything sick on rails, since it scares the shit out of me. Last fall I hiked rails a lot, and in just two months I had a few tricks I was satisfied with, eventhough it wasn't crazy like Håtveit crazy (Nobody beats his skills, hehe). It was plain and simple, but my point is that you don't need 40 meter jumps and crazy rail setups that you often spot in ski-movies like RageFilms and FieldProductions.  The people in the movies have probably learned the tricks on way easier setups than shown in there.   It takes a lot of great parks and sick park-lines to beat a good rail session with your friends in the pre-season. EVENTHOUGH the setup is simple and plain. Hopefully I get to make one soon! 

Today I had my third day in a row working out in the gym here in Lillehammer. It's tough to start off the training season, but it has to be done if I want to ski as much as I want to next season without injuries.  


I went to a physio in Lillehammer today, and picked up a few pairs of soles from Vasyli. probably the most important sponsor I got today. Since my knees are pointing inward, they aren't well enough fitted to take the landings when I jump and hit rails, as normal feet would have been.  With the Vasyli soles I actually can jump further, and take down landings that would have been impossible without them. If you suffer from great pains in your knees while skiing, and easily get tired in your ancles, I would have recomended a pair of these.  www.vasyli.no



This weekend is the last competition for me this season, which is okey for now. It is in Hemsedal, Norway. Helly Hansen Crowd pleaser is the name of the game, and I am really looking foreward to it. The competition format looks like so much fun, and it will be just a chill weekend, hanging out in the sun. (I guess?) 

See you soon! Check back in later.. Peace

1 kommentar:

Thomas sa...

Hei steffen!

Lurte på om SHRED goggelsene var bra? Kan du gi litt informasjon om dem i neste uptade, please? :)