I give it a 110 % all year. When not, I am just me. Have a look at my world!

torsdag 21. mai 2009

Summer-project, part-1

Hi and hello everyone.

This summer I will be working every day to earn some money for next years season. But, this summer I have decided to DO something about my lack of ski-training. I have been working out in the gym mostly, but you don't get better at skiing technical.  I have therefore started up with my little summer-project. Hopefully it will inspire other skiers to do the same, and hopefully it will get me stoked on skiing, eventhough it is summertime!

 

This is part one, aiiit!?   : 

 

Step 1:  You don’t need any skills or pro materials. All you need is a rusty old saw, and a hammer + some nails. Take whatever you can get your hands on. Materials, old shitty. It doesn’t matter. Look in containers along spots where house are re-builded or torn down.

 

Step 2: Find some materials as mentioned, and build a start-ramp, if not needed, check for bumps in the inrun, since you probably will need a mat to ski on. This has to be smooth, so that your skis won’t get stuck in between the bumps. Use a plank or something to smoothen out the bumps, UNDERneath the mat.

 

Step 3 : Build a kicker.  Here you will need a sheet to make a wide-ass kicker. Find a chock to put under the plate, to adjust the angle of the ramp. If the sheet/plate are thick, so that your skis would get stuck underneath the edge of it, make sure to put another sheet as an overlay to the first sheet. Words words words, I know.

 

Step 4:   Make sure that the angles are nice, look from the side.  

 

This is as far as I got today. Tomorrow I will cover the whole thing with a green mat, and this weekend I will build the rail. 



Materials are needed, but it doesen't have to be that expensive. Take whatever you can get your hands on. Everything will be covered by a mat anyways.

Cut the materials to proper lengths, attatch them with nails. Smart huh?! I figured it out all by myself. 

So this is what my inrun looks like now. Tomorrow it will be covered by a green mat. It doesn't have to be THAT BIG when it is summertime. For me it is all about technical tricks all ways, and not necessarily 50 meter inruns with huge kickers,  and a tall triple kinked rail.
It's all about the effort YOU put in it right? 
 


 



2 kommentarer:

Thomas sa...

Kewl!

Vibeke sa...

SÅNN TRENGER JEG!